Were I to go, my angel, who would care for you as I do?
Who would love you?
Who would lift you up?
Who would surround and protect you?
Who would build a bulwark before your tender, trusting soul
And contend with those who wish you ill?
Who would love you?
Who would lift you up?
Who would surround and protect you?
Who would build a bulwark before your tender, trusting soul
And contend with those who wish you ill?
Thus, in my revery, I rise up at dusk.
I wander out amongst the brooding vapors
Into the farthest reaches of the willows,
Partaking contentedly of the honeyed air,
Surveying all nature as my own,
I gaze blithely skyward through the verdant lattice,
And there an indignant moon, higher yet than I,
Glaring down upon me and no one else, my accuser.
In my vanity I fancied myself your guardian, your savior, your better.
But now search and find no lesser man than I,
No enemy save myself.
I wander out amongst the brooding vapors
Into the farthest reaches of the willows,
Partaking contentedly of the honeyed air,
Surveying all nature as my own,
I gaze blithely skyward through the verdant lattice,
And there an indignant moon, higher yet than I,
Glaring down upon me and no one else, my accuser.
In my vanity I fancied myself your guardian, your savior, your better.
But now search and find no lesser man than I,
No enemy save myself.
Abased, I return again to your side
To bask in your sweet love,
To receive your forgiveness
And resolve to be your adversary no longer.
To bask in your sweet love,
To receive your forgiveness
And resolve to be your adversary no longer.
No comments:
Post a Comment